How do I replace a Pelican Cellular gateway with a Pelican Ethernet gateway?
DO NOT UNPLUG OR DELETE YOUR CELLULAR GATEWAY FROM YOUR SITE UNTIL YOU COMPLETE STEP 4 AND PELICAN TECHNICAL SUPPORT CONFIRMS THAT THE CELLULAR GATEWAY CAN BE DELETED and UNPLUGGED FROM THE SITE!
Plug your Pelican Ethernet Gateway’s power plug into an outlet and the other end into the Pelican Ethernet Gateway.
For the best signal, mount your Ethernet gateway high on a wall away from other networking equipment. Never install the Gateway next to a WiFi router or any other wireless device.
Add the Ethernet gateway to the Existing Pelican Site:
- Using an Internet-connected smart phone, tablet or PC, navigate a web browser (i.e., Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.) to the existing Pelican Site. Example: (nameofsite).officeclimatecontrol.net
- Select Admin > Site Settings > Gateways, then press the + button.
- Type in the GW400’s serial number.
- A prompt will appear. Select Save to add the Ethernet Gateway to the site.
- Once the Ethernet Gateway has been added, the two lights on the bottom of the gateway should go to Solid Green.
Contact Pelican Technical Support.
Our Technical Support team will complete the transition of your Pelican wireless network over to the Ethernet Gateway. Once the network has been moved, they will communicate that you can then unplug your Cellular Gateway and delete it from the site.