Yes. Only Pelican technical support can enable this function.
A Pelican Z8 or Z24 can be used to maintain a slightly positive building pressure. The (A1) output is used to modulate the exhaust source (variable speed fan or variable position damper) and the (G2) output is used to start/stop exhaust sources ( constant speed fan or power-open/spring-closed damper).
Note: This requires an additional Z8 or Z24. You cannot use one that is already used to control a different HVAC equipment function.
Building Static Control
- Select Admin.
- Select Zone Controllers.
- Select the zone controller being used for building pressure management.
- Select Configuration.
- Turn Building Static Control to ON. Set all other controls to OFF.
Building Static Control configuration options and their functions:
Modulating Control Type (A1):
- Variable Fan – Select if there is a modulating fan.
- Damper Actuator – Select if there is a modulating damper.
- Open – Sets the voltage output for the highest fan speed or when the damper is 100% open.
- Closed – Sets the voltage output for the lowest fan speed or when the damper is 100% closed.
Maximum Building Static:
- 0.5″ W.C. (default) – Sets the highest allowed building pressure. (Cannot be set negative).
Start Exhaust Fan (G2):
- Yes – Select if there is a constant speed fan or power-open/spring-closed damper that needs to start when relieving building pressure.
- No – Select if there is no additional mechanical equipment that needs to be enabled when the exhaust system is running.