Static IP Address Configuration Process
The gateway default is to obtain an IP address from a DHCP server, but can be set to use a static IP address.
Follow these directions to set a static IP address:
- Obtain a static IP address, a sub netmask, and a Internet gateway IP address for the network the gateway will be connected to (normally provided by your IT professional).
- Install the Pelican gateway on a network that allows for a DHCP connections.
- Complete the New Site Setup for that gateway.
- Contact Pelican Technical Support. You will need to provide them with the Pelican site name (web-app), the gateway’s serial number, and the static settings from step 1.
- Pelican Technical Support will apply these static settings into the gateway and restart the gateway.
- Once step 5 is completed, disconnect the gateway.
- Re-install the gateway on the network it is statically assigned for.
- The gateway will automatically connect with your Pelican site (web-app) and you are good to go.